Southall Local History Society
From this page can be accessed PDF copies of publications produced by the Southall Local History Society and some of its members, the items are split into three categories:
- Newsletters Copies of the first thirteen newsletters produced by the society are available, these were printed between April 1962 and Winter 1967. More details are available here.
- Transactions Three editions of the Transactions of the Southall Local History Society are reproduced:
- No.2 published in 1960, the main item of interest in this edition is an article covering the history of St. Mary’s Church, Norwood Green. Click here to view the PDF.
- No. 5 published in 1964, two items of interest in this edition, one on the street names of Southall and the other on the Charities of Southall. Click here to view the PDF.
- No. 6 published in 1968, the main item of interest in this edition is a history of Holy Trinity Church, Southall. Click here to view the PDF.
3. Miscellaneous items.
- The Chronicles of a Manor House by Evelyn M. Barnett. A short booklet containing a brief history of Southall Manor House, written in about 1971. Evelyn Barnett was one of the stalwarts of the Society, her family had a greengrocer’s shop in the King Street for many years. Click here to view a PDF copy.
- The Influence of London on the Middlesex Countryside at the End of the Sixteenth Century. This was found amongst a number of other items relevant to the Society in a lot purchased from eBay, the date it was written and the author are unknown. Click here to view PDF.